Mass Spectrometry Facility
This facility started a decade back and during the last phase of DBT support several new equipments were added as listed below. The list of publications (2012-Aug.-2014-Sept.) will show that it is being used optimally and many samples from different laboratories and universities, companies around the country are submitted here. The facility is running with minimum down-time. Most of the samples we receive are for mass determination, confirmation of site-directed mutations, sequencing and few are for post-translational modifications. The list of publications (44 papers in two years, and only from IISc) is not exhaustive, but indicates that MS analysis is now a routine procedure in every laboratory. We do not have the full list of publications from other users.
Mass spectrometry facility
- Maxis impact (ESI Q TOF)
- UltrafleXtreme (MALDI TOF/TOF)
Installed on 14th June 2013
(In place of UltrafleX MALDI TOF/TOF and ESI MicrOTOF Q)
Purpose:Dedicated towards characterizations and investigations of
- Natural peptide libraries
- Nucleic acid
- Different biological systems.
MALDI TOF: (PMF Analysis)
- Mass determination of proteins, peptides, small molecules, organic compounds etc. from crude mixtures.
- Fragmentation and De novo sequencing of biomolecules.
- Identification of proteins from 2-D gels.
ESI Q TOF
- Accurate mass measurements of biomolecules with sub ppm mass accuracy.
- Identification and structure elucidations of metabolites with high mass accuracy.
- Rapid, sensitive and high resolution analysis of proteomes through nano LC MS/MS.
- Determination of macro-molecular complexes, allows detection and subsequent analysis of large macromolecular complexes, such as protein-protein and protein nucleic acids.