Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme
The Indian Institute of Science, a leading institution of higher learning with a strong tradition of research, offers a four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme which is designed as a balanced blend of core science and interdisciplinary topics to serve as a platform for attractive career opportunities in academia and industry. Students who complete the requirements for the award of the Bachelor of Science (Research) degree will have the option of getting a Master of Science degree by studying at the Institute for a fifth year. Applications are invited for admission to the four-year undergraduate programme at the Institute. For details on eligibility, selection criteria and other details, please visit the website: http://www.iisc.ernet.in/ug
Candidates who have completed their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2014 and those who are expecting to complete their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2015 are eligible to apply. The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects during their II PUC / 12th Standard. Candidates who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply. The candidates must have secured a first class or 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates) in the II PUC / 12th Standard examination.
Based on the merit list of one of the following national examinations:
- KVPY-SA [appeared in 2013 and selected for the Fellowship],
- KVPY-SB [appeared in 2014 and selected for the Fellowship],
- KVPY-SX [appeared in 2014 and selected for the Fellowship],
- KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates,
- IIT-JEE-Main [appearing in 2015 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PH)],
- IIT-JEE-Advanced [appearing in 2015 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PH)], and
- AIPMT [appearing in 2015 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PH)].
Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically-Handicapped (PH) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM) candidates: As per Government of India regulations.
How to apply
- Application Forms (available only online):
- Payment of the Application Fee:
- Online Payment - Net-banking, Visa Card/ Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards.
- Offline Payment - SBI Bank branches accept Challan payment across the country. The bank service charge is extra (to be borne by the applicants).
Commencement of submission of online applications: 02.02.2015
Last date for submission of online applications: 30.04.2015